Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Shells and games

>	The more I hear this debate, the more I want to install one of
>the
>shareware/freeware Unix clones on my PC.  You get a command line, a
>GUI, better
>memory utilization than with DOS, and an OS that lets you a Heck of a
>lot
>closer to what's going on than the MAC.  The only question is, which
>Unix clone
>will make the most of a 386 with 4 megs of RAM.....?

YES YES YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES.  Linux, what he was refering to (or
FreeBSD of course), is completly free and kicks BOTH MacOS and Win95.  It
also executes windoze stuff through an emulator that can, sometimes,
process faster than windoze can.  It will run on Alpha, 68k, x86, SPARC,
and PowerPC.  At school the admins let us set up our own web server and
we run linux on it.  No crashes for over a year now, do that with NT.

Check out www.linux.org