Re: A85: Text while using a virtual screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Michael Pearce wrote:

> In my solitaire game, i am using  the Graph mem as a virtual screen,
> is there any way to write text to the virtual screen?  Or would i just
>
> have to write the text after i copy the virtual screen to video mem
> every single time (this would certainly cause *some* flicker of the
> text)?
>
> -mike pearce

Nope... there's no way to use a ROM function to write to GRAPH_MEM, but
the best solution to this problem is to write your own text function,
and have your own font! :)
    (BTW, Mike, your debugger for v1.1 is on the way :-) -- hopefully
this will help you and everyone else make upcoming games for Usgard
1.1!)
    Later,
    Sam
--