Re: A85: Daedulus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Daedulus

At 04:51 PM 9/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Ess Andreas wrote:
>>
>> NO! 4 mHz instead of 6. We have a special system to have it at about the
same speed > like the 85 one.

>Um, the Ti-85 is actually ~1Mhz, even though it is 'rated' at 6Mhz (I
>still don't know what that means).

Oh boy, I get to be the teacher and BOTH of you get to learn something!  :)
The chip IS RATED at 6Mhz.  The reason for this is due to the fact that the
chip has 6,000,000 clock cycles per second.  Think about it.  Your
computer's CPU is doing something like 133Mhz or 133,000,000 clock cycles
per second.  There is no difference in the measurements of speed for either
a PC or a hand-held graphing calculator.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: