Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Will Stokes wrote:

>most pc users are using windows (95) so programming for DOS won't makeyou
>much money anymore :( now are those windows programmers so stupid now? I
>don't think so. as for mac programmers, marketing again, the company is
>dead and microsoft is meerly skimming of a few last profits before the
>machine is found in the computer museum of old, non-existant hardware.
>		Will Stokes

Don't write off the Mac yet.  If Rhapsody dies, then you can begin tolling
the bell, but not before then.  Especially when it will be easier to
develop software under Rhapsody, then add the Windows Yellow Box, then it
will be to develop it under Windows.  But, this mailing list is supposed
to be about the TI85.

Does anyone know a way to do something about screen blurring?  It's
because of the latency of the pixels, I know, but I wonder if there's any
way to compensate for that.  Maybe drawing the second position of the
sprite, then only erasing those pixels that need to be erased?  If most
sprite routines don't already do that, that is.  If not, working on an
off-screen sprite routine with a blitter would be worth pursuing.

Also, could you trim your sig?  Twenty lines is way too much, especially
since there's only four or five lines of actual information.

--
Brian Dysart               |     Ours is not to reason why...
bdysart@rahul.net          |     "...and eight for the fruit bat."

Follow-Ups: References: