Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A85: Shells and games

>On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Will Stokes wrote:
>
>>most pc users are using windows (95) so programming for DOS won't makeyou
>>much money anymore :( now are those windows programmers so stupid now? I
>>don't think so. as for mac programmers, marketing again, the company is
>>dead and microsoft is meerly skimming of a few last profits before the
>>machine is found in the computer museum of old, non-existant hardware.
>>		Will Stokes
>
>Don't write off the Mac yet.  If Rhapsody dies, then you can begin tolling
>the bell, but not before then.  Especially when it will be easier to
>develop software under Rhapsody, then add the Windows Yellow Box, then it
>will be to develop it under Windows.  But, this mailing list is supposed
>to be about the TI85.

I just have to say that I program for Macintosh too and fo agree that their
marketing strategy sucks, but they have a good computer. I think that
Microsoft won the PC battle long ago, but Mac will forever (I hope :) )
rule in graphics engineering and publishing (almost every movie I've come
across has Macs in it, even Star Wars Special Edition was crafted mostly on
a Mac).

BTW I don't have a PC (non-mac) and would like to get one because I can't
program for Usgrad without the compiler, which is for PC's only. Does
anyone have a software PC emulator for the Mac, such as Softwindows or
Virtual PC? If so, I would like it if you would e-mail me and tell me if it
would run small dos programs such as Tasm or Virtual Game Boy.

Sorry for getting off the subject.
Thanks!

>--
>Brian Dysart               |     Ours is not to reason why...
>bdysart@rahul.net          |     "...and eight for the fruit bat."
>www.rahul.net/bdysart/     |     <*>    Code Code block: C---

__
Thayne Miller
Email: yomaster@geocities.com
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5084

"Yes, well, that's the sort of blinkered, fitestine, pig-ignorance
  I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage!"
      -Monty Python