Re: A85: Interrupt/Usgard-TSR question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jeff Tyrrill wrote:

> An interrupt is called every 200th of a second, but what if a TSR takes
> longer than that to finish executing? Will the calculator get in an endless
> loop until the stack overflows, or will an interrupt request be ignored if
> the interrupt routines aren't finished executing?

When an interrupt occurs (mode 0,1 or 2), the interrupt flags IFF 1 and
IFF 2
are cleared (interrupts are disabled). An interrupt handler should end
with
EI \ RETI, because a RETI only won't enable the interrupts again.

In other words, the interrupt counter (or whatever) is disabled when the
interrupts are disabled.

--
Jimmy Mårdell                "The nice thing about standards is that
mailto:mja@algonet.se         there are so many of them to choose from."