Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Rigel, where'd it go??

82nd Deer wrote:

> each file, plus the simple agony of doing something like this.  People are
> barely competent to load one of 10 different libraries, but when 100 show
> up people would lose their minds.  Rigel is rather nice, it would be

	As I pointed out, only the programmer would have to worry about the
many libraries (If one can call them libraries, a more accurate name
would be functions).  The non-assembly-literate user would not even know
that the libraries are there.  All he (or she) would have to do is unzip
a certain file into the libs directory (or something similar). After
that, all that the user would have to do is select the programs he wants
on his calculator in a certain computer program, and receive a backup
file with the functions already in it (grouped into a single 85s file).
That is much faster than actually transporting 10 different large
libraries, seperately,  using the link program as one has to do now.
Right now, libraries are loaded by the users.  As I propose, the
computer would handle collecting all the functions into a library and
attaching it to the porgrams.  Unlike people, the computer does not care
how many libraries are needed.  (And technically there would only be one
customized library - there would just be a choice of 100 functions that
can be in it).

Follow-Ups: References: