Re: A85: TI86/TI85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: TI86/TI85

At 06:11 AM 10/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Howdy.
>
>I write to suggest someone of writing a program (for the computer) that
>transfers ti86 programs into ti85 programs, or vice versa.  I know that
>this might sound unrealistic, yet it seems rather simple.
>For example, if the syntax on the 85 is ld a,4, and on the 86 it is
>qw 4,y,  all the program would need to do is search the 86 program
>for occurrences of qw 4,y and replace them with ld a,4.  The program
>would also have to change a lot of other stuff, yet it seems realistic,
>considering the success of video game emulators, which do something
>similar for a much more complex system.
>
>	Signed anonymously by Arseniy Khobotkov

I had kinda wondered abt the feasability of this too, because HAL takes
your source code and compiles it for whichever calc you want it for (At
least I think it did). Why couldn't there be something that does this for
straight ASM too. Hey I'm just beginning to learn to ASM so be nice.

enLIGHTen me, but without the flames.  :)

Leif

- ldgregory@biogate.com
    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know. -