Re: LZ: Usgard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Usgard

>To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
>Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 18:58:41 CDT
>Subject: Re: LZ: Usgard
>From: jim.reardon@juno.com (Jim Reardon)
>
>I'm not saying it does, but I am saying libraries are space saving
>mechinisms, because most non-grayscale programs use one of the two
sprite
>routines in the library.

True... PutSprite is my favorite routine, and I used it in most of my
games, but what if I wanted to customize it? Like xor'ing the sprite or
writing it to graph_mem? Then the lib would be useless.  NASR isn't much
good except for bigger sprites. Even if everyone used the exact same
sprite routine then shouldn't there be no libs and have the routine
inside the Usgard string? I don't see much use for the other libs,
especially since there are so many ZShell games out there that will
never use libs although they may share some functions.

houston00@hotmail.com