Re: LZ: Usgard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Usgard

Jim Reardon wrote:
> At first I was really interested in Usgard, but when it was released I
> was sorta disapointed.

Same here.  The interface is really wierd.  I hate how it takes 6
keypresses to shut down the calc.  CShell only takes 1.  Also, I hid
something with explorer, a little x appeared for the first letter, which
I didn't think was that weird, but then when I went back into explorer
later, it was gone, and I couldn't un-hide it!

> First off, size postings were very misleading.  Sure the shell is only
> 4k, but then your interface, a bunch of libraries, and the whole
> shebang
> didn't leave me with much space for programs.

Yes, the libraries are way too big, and annoying.  They should all have
a number as the first char to hide from the TI-85's built in delete
menu, and have some util. to mess with them in there.

> As for the actual interface, very nice, except "Explorer" was quite
> buggy.

Okay.

> Programming for Usgard, while I just "dabbled" is quite nice.
> Relocation
> is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Libraries, though, don't
> save
> as much memory as I thought they would (mostly because I still have
> mostly ZShell games, plus not much space is left after the shell is
> put
> on).  Some of the new CALLs look helpful and very promising.
>
> So now my debate continues: develop for ZShell or for Usgard?  What
> does
> everyone else think?  What shell are you personally going to stick
> with
> and use?

I'm gonna use USGARD only because I have to (hey, same reason I use
win95), because there will be some program I want to use that will be
written for usgard, and not whatevershell.  Expander support built in is
probably what will do it for me.  If I didn't have an expander though, I
would definetly have CShell on my calc right now.

--
            ''~``
           ( o o )