LZ: The final word on APD in asm shells...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: The final word on APD in asm shells...

Well, over the last couple of days, I have perfected the APD information
I recently discovered.  :)

THE FINAL WORDS ON APD (I hope):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The APD feature in the TI-85 is handled by an interrupt, and uses two
bits.  These are bits 2 and 3 of (IY+$08).
Bit 2 of (IY+$08) is the "Master Enable"; it COMPLETELY ENABLES the APD
feature if set, and COMPLETELY DISABLES the APD feature if cleared.
Bit 3 of (IY+$08) is cleared if set when APD occurs (otherwise it
appears to remain clear).
RAM Address $8008 is used as a timer; it is apparently decrimented every
time an interrupt occurs if both of the above mentioned bits are set.
RAM Address $8009 is used as a secondary timer, which is decrimented
every time $8008 reaches zero.
The routine at $0115 can be used to reset $8009 to $A1.  PLEASE NOTE
THAT $8009 IS _NOT_ RESET WHEN A KEY OTHER THAN [ON] IS PRESSED, you
will have to reset it by doing "call $0115".
~~~~~~~~
Now will someone please add this to TI-RAM.TXT???  ;)  *thinks*  Gee, I
ACTUALLY made a contribution (though minor) to that file...  :)

I hope that someone finds this helpful...  ;)

Cheers,
--
~Keith
TSK3000@Prodigy.Net