LZ: RE: Shell detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: RE: Shell detection

On Thursday, June 26, 1997 1:25 AM, Buddy Smith[SMTP:ti85calc@bellsouth.net] wrote:
> Is there any way (within a program) do tell which shell is being used?  If
> so, we could make our programs USGARD incompatible.  j/k  Actually, it'd be
> useful for interrupts and stuff.  Also, would someone then write a routine
> to "prevent MS-DOS programs from detecting Windows"?

just look at the Zero-terminated shell at $8D84 (defined as USGSHELL in Usgard.H)  To hide this, you would have to write over it after Usgard has read from it and loaded the shell.
	There's no reason that the shells will cause any incompatibilities!  They're just interfaces to run programs, they don't have any functions, etc!
	Sam

--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>