RE: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Friday, June 27, 1997 12:03 AM, Micah/Richard Brodsky[SMTP:Micahbro@msn.com] wrote:
> When I say too much like the MacOS, I'm not saying appearances. I'm saying
> under the hood. It seems to me that USGARD and the MacOS both have hoods
> welded to the chassis. What's going on with all the interrupt chains?

There's already (at least) five programs that use interrupts... deTurbo, Usgdcap (the b&w *OR* grayscale screen capturer), Gray8lib, Gray4lib, and Debug!  The thing that's great abou "the interrupt chains" is that when you install one interrupt, you don't remove another!  If you want to slow down a grayscale program, or slow down a grayscale program to get the right screen capture, then debug it.  It's *ALL* possible!  Chained interrupts are one thing that people don't see the power of...

> What
> are
> all those wierd named strings?

I know people don't like to read the docs, but in this case, it would be very helpful.

> How do I do this-or-that as a "poweruser"
> (which are nonexistant with the MacOS)? How do you tell what library
> corresponds to what (ok, so PSOII shares this one, flame me)?

try Usgdcool!  It shows all the libraries each string uses :)

	Later,
	Sam
--
Sam Davies <sdavies@mail.trilogy.net>