Re: A85: Mapping Routine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: Mapping Routine

Do you have your map drawn already?  Are you using aligned sprites are
unaligned sprites?

If you want to convert my Usgard sample to ZShell, replace all the
instances of:

ld	hl, &anything

ld	hl, anything
push	de
ld	de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
add	hl, de
pop	de

Depending on some of the places I used relocation at, the push de / pop de
may or may not be necessary.

Then replace the LIB_CALL_(SPRITLIB,PUTSPRIT) with

CALL_(	PutSprite)

And be sure to include the PutSprite code in your source file.

If you need help drawing a moving sprite, finding where it should be drawn,
and determining if it "hits" anything, I can help you with that as well.

At 11:32 PM 7/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm Making an RPG-Stlye game and I need help plotting my map and making it so
>when my sprite reaches an object (wall, door, etc) he stops at it. By the
>way, I'm making it for ZShell. I have looked at the mapping source code for
>Usgard, but I don' know how I can make it work for ZShell. Any help will be
>much appriciated. If you'd like to help me with this game send me some email.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jansson Stout
>jes247@aol.com

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...