Re: A85: My problem with libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: My problem with libraries

Actually, I just developed the shell that lets you input a string then it
runs it.  IT uses USGDLIB, but a LOT of Usgard games use that (it is used
for inputing strings), but beyond that it's like 70 bytes.

At 06:51 PM 8/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>82nd Deer wrote:
>> You could make a 100-200 byte shell that would simply let you input the
>> name of the program to run.
>
>You could save even more space by just having the user recall the
>variable (in the homescreen), then check if Ans was an ASM string, and
>(if so), run it.  Anybody want a 200 Byte OS?
>
>> It's not a BAD thing games are being made for usgard only - it's the best
>> OS out there.
>
>The problem is that _many_ people will keep using shells like ZShell
>4.0, etc. instead of switching to other shells!  I had enough trouble
>trying to switch people at my HS from ZShell to CShell!  Try making
>ordinary TI-85 users start looking around for necessary libraries, and
>they'll just decide that it's not worth it!
>--
>* ~mozart <mozart@technologist.com> *

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...