Re: A85: My problem with libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: My problem with libraries

You could make a 100-200 byte shell that would simply let you input the
name of the program to run.

As for what libraries you need, USE COOL SHELL - it's not too big and it
will tell you what libs are needed, what libs you have, and what libs you
don't have (in a text line, not a number).

It's not a BAD thing games are being made for usgard only - it's the best
OS out there.

At 04:21 PM 8/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Yo, I don't think we should be dissing any shells, personally I like
>them all, they all have qualiteies I like and don't like.  Bad thing is,
>all teh games are being made for UsGard only.  There are so many
>different versions of it and certain games only work on certain
>versions.  ANother thing is, most of the time I'm missing a library that
>I need and I have no idea what error, library so and so not found.  The
>games should include current versions of the libraries it requires.
>Another big problem is, all these libraries, for us poor people who
>can't afford to put expanders in our calcs, we can only have like 4-5
>games at most on our calc.  I was looking through all the lists of games
>and I only found 4 I liked, but they all needed different libraires and
>I couldn't fit all those games!  I for some reason can't even get Sqrxz
>to work, and I wanna see what's so cool about teh new version, the other
>versions were cool! Is there anyway to make the libraries less space
>consuming?  I was also wondering, what is the smallest size possible for
>a shell to be, only inculding the bare esencials!  Doesn't need
>contrast, If I could get a shell that was 400 bytes, I would use it!
>Just wondering!
>
>John

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...

Follow-Ups: References: