Re: LZ: cassette tapes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: cassette tapes

According to Andrew Haninger:

(snip)

>> I see a problem with this.  Walkmans and tape players aren't allowed at
>> my school, and I'm sure they aren't allowed at many other schools.
>
>who says you have to do any of this at school, what about after school, on
>your own????

Umm... this may sound stupid, but if we're at home it'd be a hell of a lot
easier just to use the link. :)

I'm personally interested in this cassette tape idea because of a personal
idea... playing back blips of 1s/0s straight to videomem... if this worked.
Hmm, if we could write a program to read bits from tape and put them
together into bytes which would be placed in graphmem, it would be 8192 bits
( 1024 bytes ).  If we can get a high enough transfer rate... ??? ( not much
guesswork here )

I would be satisfied with 15 frames a second, wouldn't you?

And don't flame me on the list if you think I'm getting out of hand, do it
personal mail.  I know calculators have limitations, but that's why ZS was
created, so we could break those limitations.  We just keep rethinking what
the current limitations of ZS are, and break them again.  This may be out of
hand, but it's worth a thought.

( BTW: 15360 bits/second transfer = 15 f/s fullscreen )

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" on DARKWORLD

C> Warning: REALITY.SYS may be corrupt.  Reboot universe(y/n)?

Follow-Ups: References: