Re: LZ: Question on ICs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Question on ICs

At 10:16 PM 9/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I've heard people discuss the implementation of ICs for things like
>temperature probes and clocks, but the I2C.TXT file on ticalc.org
>mentions many other types of ICs, including IO controllers. Could an IO
>controller be used to facilate the addition of more memory to the 85?
>Also, is anyone else developing anything else that makes use of ICs?
>
>Josh Franta
>
>E-mail: jfranta@mail.coin.missouri.edu
>WWW:    http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~jdf1

Okay, I went to www.philips.com, and I looked around a lot, and I found a
section containing the Adobe Acrobat files the author of i2c.txt.  They have
implementation and documentation for many types of i2c bus chips they make,
including:  EEPROM, RAM, and many other neat things, including IO
controllers.  However, to answer the question, you wouldn't need to use the
IO controller for more RAM, but you could directly connect the RAM to the
i2c bus.

                                        Kevin Retzke
                                        KRetzke@enteract.com