Re: LZ: Ramviewer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Ramviewer

> > > there is already a program that can do that. it is called hexview and it
> > I don't know about you, but I don't think HexView is very helpful.
> > All it does it display the hex codes.  What about the decimal
> > conversions or the ASCII characters for them.  What about changing a
> > byte in RAM?  I made a program (it was my first) that does all this.
> > If anyone's interested, let me know.  I'd just have to change some
> > stuff in it first (if I have time).
>
> Personally, I think it would be great.  I'd love that.

I like it too.  It's amazing how handy it is for some stuff (changing
bytes in RAM, analyzing the formats of stuff, finding stuff in ROM,
etc.)  I'm going to add some HALT statements to it so it uses less
power and I'm also going to make it so that F1 to F5 can be
programmed to store addresses in memory.  Also, I think I'm going to
make a binary portiion for it too.  One more thing would be to allow
the user to search for a byte containing a certain value or string.

And right now the program is about 1200 bytes.  It also allows you to
change the ROM page.

-Ed

Follow-Ups: References: