Re: LZ: ?s about ram expander!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ?s about ram expander!

>After I'm done writing the send/receive software, I'll start work on
>an "Extender Shell" that will automate the process of downloading the
>zshell program into free memory, running it, then deleting it after
>you exit the program.  The only slowdown will be when you first start
>the program because large programs could take 10 or 15 seconds to
>download.  I'm not sure when I'll get the Extender Shell done, but
>it's definitely in my future plans.
>
>-Mel

Ok, lets say that ZShell, and the extender shell take up, say 10k of calc
ram.  Ok, that leaves 17k left to run a program.  Let's say somebody wrote
a program that was 20k in size.  This is a problem...The expander shell
would have to support Jump Tables, and programmers would have ta start
including them in their programming.  If you're not familiar with jump
tables, I might be able to explain them to you.

                                                  -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.