Re: LZ: Ideas on input

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Ideas on input

At 09:56 PM 10/11/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone who has experience with electronics think that it would be
>possible to put a transparent touch-sensitive piece over the 85's screen
>and use a stylus to determine where the cursor is? If we can get the data
>in through the i/o port (Hopefully on the ram extender, hint, hint) then
>writing software to use it wouldn't be too difficult. A grayscale painting
>program would become feasable, as would many other games requiring better
>movement. Who knows? Maybe a track ball is possible. Anyone have any ideas
>on this?

Personally, I think that this would be a wonderful extension of the 85's
capabilities.  It wouldn't look TOO stupid (if the touch-pad was thin
enough..) as some of the other ideas (IMHO) like a joystick, or a trackball.
I like the idea of a drawing program on the 85:  it would allow some more
complicated drawings in the 3-D Stereogram thing, and faster creation of
levels in LR.  I don't know how much of a help I would be, (since I'm still
trying to learn ZS), but my help IS here.  I can do a _little_ with
construction (not design) of electronics.
<pre>
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
				      		       -Albert Einstein
</pre>