Re: LZ: Splash Screen methods

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Splash Screen methods

Accoriding to Ben:
>At 04:16 PM 10/5/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>I finally got CAZ working on my Mac. Can anyone tell me how to setup a
>>graphical splash screen for the beginning of a program or game? I need to
>>know how to create it, how to store it, and how to display it. An example
>>would be great. Thanks.
>>
>>Graham Rasmussen
>>
>>RCGH@teleport.com
>
>If you get a reply to this message, would you please forward it to me as
>well?  It would greatly appreciated.  I am wondering how to do the same
>thing(s).
>
>Ben
>
>bdavis@fair.net

(This message also sent to: RCGH@teleport.com, bdavis@fair.net)

My suggestion would be to encode it with ZCP or GCP.  ZCP is more widely
known and is used to compress pictures using a RLE algorithm.  GCP is more
recent ( I'm not sure how efficient ) and works with grayscale pictures.

What you do in this case is create the picture on your calculator ( or make
it on the Mac and convert to an 85I then move it to calc ) and move it to an
85I.  Then convert it to a ZCP picture.  Copy the ZCP dencoder enclosed in
the package to your program, along with the picture itself.

Alas, the ZCP encoder to my knowledge is only for PCs.  If you don't have
access to one, I will be glad to convert your 85I or other file from the Mac
( I would suggest GIF encoding ) to it and send the completed assembly code
to which you can attach the actual program.  ;)

Let me know if you would like this,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate