Re: LZ: password

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: password

>>i'm writing this red-faced. but, i need some help. last night, i changed
>>the password on my calc to godknowswhat and that's my problem...it's
>>locked and i forgot i pw<G> i feel so stupid. now, i know you all are just
>>going to say"take out the batts". i'm not stupid! i know that i can do
>>that! but, i wanted to acctually find out my pw because i've got some
>>important info on it that isn't backedup. now, i think all i need is a
>>proggy in the emulator that will read what the calc is looking for for a
>>pw. will this work? if so, what do i need for the emulator(files besides
>>the one on ticalc)? btw, i'm using KCLOCK85 by keith burzinski v3.5. i
>>will write to him and ask him also...
>>

>>Andy Haninger
>>aka &amp;y
>>ahaning@freenet.columbus.oh.us
>>

>Just a few days ago I mentioned the idea about a program that (to make a
>long story short) finds the password on the other calc through the link by
>monitering its actions.  Your cases is the perfect example.  There used to
>be a program that would "steal the lcd from a calc" so i know it is possible
>to "download."  The cool or shitty thing about Kclock85 is the timeout.
>first you would have to sort of jam it.

  Haven't we already decided this?  Yes, the TI operating system, not
zshell, monitors the link port so that the link software(computer) can
_ASK_ it for a screen dump.  Look at it this way, if I plug my calc into
yours, I can't get anything off of it until you send some data.  There's no
way, that I've ever seen (I've read the entire TI-rom file several times),
heard of from this or any other discussion, for a calculator to 'monitor'
another calculator's access to it's ram.  You have to ask for it, and the
program has to be written to accept your question, and then to send a
response.  Ok?

             -C.J.-