LZ: ColecoVision >> ZShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: ColecoVision >> ZShell

Just wondering... I'm not real big into technical stuff, so I wouldn't know.
I was taking a look at the ColecoVision (for those of you that dont know, it
was the pre-Nintendo home game system) hardware specs, and saw a striking
resembelence to the TI-85... Here's the spec list:

             Resolution: 256 x 192
                    CPU: Z-80A
                   Bits: 8
                  Speed: 3.58 MHz
                    RAM: 8K
	      Video RAM: 16K (8x4116)
Video Display Processor: Texas Instruments TMS9928A
                Sprites: 32
                 Colors: 16
                  Sound: Texas Instruments SN76489AN; 3 tone channels, 1 noise
          Cartridge ROM: 8K/16K/24K/32K

I just noticed the CPU (The Z80), the Speed (dont remember the exact speed
of TI85), the RAM (8k, the TI has it), Display Processor is a TI hardware
(doubt that matters), Sound is the TI hardware (3 tones, 1 noise), and the
ROM is fairly small... Just wondering if it would be possible to port a few
ColecoVision games to the TI85? The ROMs are out there in abundance, if its
possible, I think it'd be great.

-=Sponge=-
"Hey, try out Flashnet... Their service stinks, but their web page sure
looks great!!!

Matt Hayden,
A disgusted Flashnet user...