Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

Eric P. Anderson wrote:

> I think that we need to create some sort of "y adapter" for the link port so
> that we can plug multiple things in at once (i.e. the rtlink and the
> speaker).  Maybe even a daisy chain type of thing, but I don't know if that
> would be possible.  I think that the IRC thing would be much more difficult
> to implement.
>
> Any futher input, anyone?

> *  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
> *  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
> *  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
> *  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
> *  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
> *  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
> *  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
> *  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
> *  agreement to these terms.                               *
> *  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *

I have been thining of it...
and I dont know how to program in ASM, but I do in Basic.  SO I have some understanding
of programing, adn from what I knwo it wouldent be that hard. that is to build a program
to run the Teleconf.  The sync'n would take soem work but wouldent be that hard to
overcome. I also am a future Network Engineer so I know how a network runs.  and if you
could get the program to "Listen" to what is happening on the channel you could sync the
data quite easly. adn then you could also have the "server calc" listen to hear if ther
are any Additional calc joining. cause on the "workstation" calcs when you initalize the
 teleconf program they will need to wait and listen first to hear if there is a "All
clear" signal sent out by the server (which it would ever couple times a sec adn woudl
alow time for additional calcs to login.) so that teh workstation calcs know there is no
data being exchanged. (this would prevent talking over and grabling data)  for this
system to work teh server would need to send all commands out. meaning: that all the
workstation cals would now accept info from ANY calc but the server.(so teh server would
have a data paket that says "this form teh server" and all the other calcs would listen.

Each calc would have its own name. that will be transmited durring the login.  adn that
is how the server calc will control all the data.  Since this si a VERY data intensive
adn computational intensive program (server) teh person using the server calc MUST be
accelerated. all the other calcs can run accelerated or not.  all they will be doing is
listening and recieving.

On teh workstation side:
You will haev a list on the screen that says whos all on the network, adn then you could
send private messages to one adn another or groups. or just everyone. BUT the person
with the server can see every message.

On the Server side:
Ther server calc will have the power to lock people out of the group or not allow them
to hear some stuff.

Static, adn interfearence.:
This is a problem.. btu actually its not. as I sit here typing this I am thinking...

The workstation calcs will nto be affected by interfearence in anyway but they might
miss some info.  The static would not screw with teh sync rate because  all the
workstations do is.. sit there and listen for a message from the server. if it is not
properly transmited or garbled the WC (workstation clac) will just ignore it. same with
the SC(server calc) and if you are tansmiting a message from a WC or the SC the calc
will transmit a sorta init code to tell teh calc "I am ready to send data are you
ready?" adn it will listen for a answer.. if there is static adn it is lost in it.. well
 it resends it latter(couple times a second).

it si a pretty passive RF network.  these are my ideas, adn if I coupld program in ASM
goo di sure as hell would and give it to everyone!

If you decide to take this on please E-mail me so I can give you soem more details. adn
there will need to be 2 versions of the program 1 server and 1 workstation. or you could
get REAL nifty and have a prompt when you start the program if you want it to be the
server or a WS. (intigrate both programs into 1)

Well Please tell me what you think.
                            Clegg@newrock.com
                  "Everything under the sun is in tune,
                   But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"