Re: LZ: UShell(fixing screen problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EW994281@aol.com wrote:

> >>Does anyone know about when Ushell is coming out and if it >>will be better
> Zshell 4.5??
>
> If you are talking about the UShell by Keith Burzinski (ffnp69c@prodigy.com),
> it could be a while because:
> 1)  3 rows on his calculator display went out.
> 2)  His partner Phil Montgomery is in the process of moving.
>
> Most likely, it should be better than ZShell 4.5.  But then again, I don't
> know too much about UShell.  You should probably talk to him at that address
> I mentioned.
>
> Eric
I know how to fix the missing lines on the calculator display, if, and
only if the lines are missing because the connection between the the
screen board and the side of the lcd was severed.  When it happened to
mine, I simply stuffed tiny pieces of cotton swabs into the small, tube
like area that is formed on one side by the board, on one side by the
lcd and on one side by the plastic connector which runs from the top,
right-hand side of the board to the bottom, right-hand side of the
board.  this will push the severed connection back together (at least it
did on my calculator.)