Re: LZ: TI-85 Speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: TI-85 Speed

Ed Plese, Jr. wrote:

> In the past few days, I have encountered something very strange with
> my calc.  I have accelerated it previously, but I never flip the
> switch to turbo.  Usually the calc runs slower because of the added
> resistance of the wires going to the switch, but recently it has
> sped up considerably.  The program  FOR(a,1,1000):Disp a:END  now
> takes only 20 seconds.  I have tried completely resetting it by
> taking out the batteries, but it still goes fast.  I have absolutely
> no idea why it did this.  If anyone knows why, please reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Plese, Jr.
> (eplese@lnd.com)
I don't see how the wires coud affect it, but the unusual boost in speed
is probably due to a lost connection when you turn on the turbo(i.e.
there is no capacitor connected and the calculator becomes dangerously
fast). thats my guess, I had that problem when I first turboed my calc,
except neither of the switch settings would slow it down, It just went
about four times faster all the time.