Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, The Piper @ The Gates of Dawn wrote:

> You could store compressed programs on the calc anyway. What would be
> the point though. If we could compress a program...say...halfway,
> then, after compression, if we wanted to USE it, we would still need
> the extra memory for it. Why reinvent the wheel when TI did it for
> you?

If you have 10 programs stored they'll only take up half the
space if theyre compressed 50%.  That means when a program is
expanded and running it has more space available to it because
the other 9 are taking up only half as much space.

What wheel?  TI did some things and we can choose to do more.
That's what keeps computers going.

Barry