Re: LZ:83 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ:83 ASM

> One reason for an 83 shell might be as a program manager that
> could store programs more efficiently in a compressed format.
> That shouldn't be too difficult to write and shouldn't take up
> much space.  It could de-compress the program before executing
> it.  The programs could be stored as strings.
>
> This might result in a considerable space savings for stored
> programs.
>
> Barry

You could store compressed programs on the calc anyway. What would be
the point though. If we could compress a program...say...halfway,
then, after compression, if we wanted to USE it, we would still need
the extra memory for it. Why reinvent the wheel when TI did it for
you?

Follow-Ups: References: