Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Ryan Myers wrote:

> To my knowledge, ZS identifies it by the zero-terminated string.  I also
> have found that it doesn't work unless you place TI-85.H first, like this:
>
> #include "ti85.h"
>         .db "This is My Program",0

>  |              Other programming stuff
> \|/
>
> Don't ask me why, as TI-85.H I think is all preprocessor directives... but
> it just turns out that way.

That's because TI-85.h has equates in it that establish the values
of some of the labels in your programs, and macros that you use
are defined in it.  You can't use either a label or a macro in
most assemblers before it's defined, so TI-85.h has to be at the
beginning.

There might also be other things that have to be at the beginning.

Barry