Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: compiling z-shell

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Erika Rogers wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to write my first ZShell program. I got my program to
> > compile, ran string85, and sent it to my 85. I then went into ZShell,
> > but my program was not there. Is there something I missed?
>
> Your program has to have a
>
> .org 0
>
> at the beginning.  I'm pretty sure that this is the way ZShell determines that
> it is a program.

Org 0 tells the assembler the address to assemble to.  It doesn't
generate any code.  It effects jumps and calls, etc.

In this code:

start:  some instruction
	some more instructions
	jp   start

if .org 0 is used at the begining the address in the jp will be 0.
if .org 100 is used the jp will be to 100.

The org statement itself only effects the assembler.  It doesnt
get put in the program.

Barry