Re: LZ: ZShell and Internet

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ZShell and Internet

At 06:27 PM 8/2/96 -0800, you wrote:
>I just wanted to clarify some things.  What exactly are we supposed to
>discuss in this list?  It seems that every time someone comes up with a
>new idea, people jump up to grab their throats.  Sorry for the analogy,
>but I really think that it is necessary.

I believe the main purpose of the list is to discuss programming. Not
ti-basic either. There is a ti-85 program you may have heard of...ZShell.
Ring any bells? Probably not to a lot of people on the list, because all
they seem to be talking about is left field ideas about stupid, and to be
honest impractical ideas.

Do we really need to connect our calculators to the internet...especially
when there is a damn computer 3 feet away that we are using to connect the
calculator to? Do we really need this whole huge network of calculators
throughout an entire school...NO. I don't know about the rest of you, but in
my school (with about 1500 kids in it, there was a total of 11 ti-85s, and 5
of them (actually six including mine) were all in the same math class.

Please, if you want to discuss "new ideas" that have nothing to do with
ZShell programming, move to calc-ti, that is a general calculator area, so
have fun discussing whatever you want, make your calculator an http
server...use it as the hard drive to your computer, figure out how to hook a
modem up to it...whatever, but don't discuss it on LZ, until you get to the
part where you need ZShell software for it, or you are announcing its
release, and posting the necessary software to LZB...

Sorry to everybody who knows what ZShell is....

| Matt Bathje                      | mpb@xnet.com                     |
| The Piper at the Gates of Dawn   |                                  |
|                                  | "There's someone in my head, but |
| Minister of Caffeine Consumption |  it's not me" -Pink floyd        |
|     and Distribution (DNRC)      |                                  |
|	O- 			   | "Oh boy, sleep, that's where I'm |
|  www- ZGuide: www.xnet.com/~mpb  |  a viking" -Ralph Wiggum         |
|       Personal: not finished yet |                                  |