[A83] Re: CRT (was SDCC port)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: CRT (was SDCC port)

They 'key' and I stress 'key' problem with that is compatibility.

Either you keep a bad version of a library call and allow
compatibility or you change it and make everyone change their
programs.

Since this isn't a shell, there's no set grouping for each library
really.

This 'could' be avoided but would be a big headache if using
libraries in that manner.

corey

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:13:43 -0500, Gavin Olson wrote:
>
>> Yeah.  Libs are a pain.  There is a generation of programs for
the
>> TI-89 that require a combination of libraries, with differing
levels
>> of support for OS and hardware (damn the 89's hardware rev!)
>> revisions.  The newer generation of programs requiring no libs
are
>> much easier to deal with.  Of course, the 89 has way more
room to
>> waste on redundant code, too.  Perhaps you could do this:
When a
>> program runs, it checks for other programs using the libs.  If it
>> finds one, it points itself to the program with the libs and
deletes
>> its own set of the libs.  This leads to problems if you delete the
>> first program to be run on the calc, but allows you to include
libs in
>> every program but only have one copy on-calc.
>
> It would be easier to put libc in an app. Plenty of space there.
83+
> only then though.

Follow-Ups: References: