[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Announcinga new TI-83 Development Suite

Agreed, consistency and well written specs are all that is required,
just look at the 68k compilers for the 89/92/V200. Obviously they built
the romcalls with the intent of being compliant to the C library
standards, but there are plenty of functions that fail that assumption.

My biggest used to always be how you would avoid using IY, but I read
the SDCC manual and came across:

	"IX is used as the base pointer, HL is used as a temporary
register, and BC and DE are available for holding varibles. IY is
currently unusued. Return values are stored in HL. One bad side effect
of using IX as the base pointer is that a functions stack frame is
limited to 127 bytes - this will be fixed in a later version."

So IY is ok.. I don't really see anything stopping you from using this,
just a nessecary set of #define's to wrap the romcalls

--
Scott Dial
scott@scottdial.com