[A83] Re: 83p os

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 83p os

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:25:32 EDT
XeroGXtreme@aol.com wrote:

>         Hey.  I'd just like to remind some people that all games and
> applications are made to run under TI's OS.  So, if you want to write your
> own OS with full backwards-compatibility, you will need to keep the RAM
> functions (those found in TI83plus.inc or whatever yours is named) the same.
> Or at least release a modified version so people can compile it to work with
> your OS.  Our just write an emulator, which will be even worse.  In
> conclusion, don't expect any outside programs to work.
>
> Good luck!
>
>                                         ~ Colin
>
> I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm not going to write my OS compatible to TI-OS, because I and TI uses totally different memory-allocation. And I don't know any os on any platform that are compatible in that way you describe. Linus Torvalds wrote linux for x86, and you can't run a windows-application without a emulator. When (if) I finish this project, and if I release it, I'm glad if there is anyone who wanna write a emulator to it, but it will be hard... I need the interupt to switch between processes, and no application are allowed to change it or make a own interrupt. I need to write all application to work indepentent of where they are in the memory.--

--
Max Sikstrom
pengi@molik.org

MoLiK programming and demo group