[A83] Re: disassembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: disassembly

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want do disassemble the TI-83P OS. To be more precise, I was thinking of
> placing a jump after the "Reset all memory" option so that it would go
right
> to the "Mem cleared" screen, without actually clearing the memory.
>
> Unfortunately, the (very very) little disassembly\Reverse Engineering
> experience I have is with IA-32 Win32\Linux binaries in a nice comfortable
> PC using easy-to-use tools like IDA-Pro, Win32dasm, gdb, etc.
>
> Could someone throw me some links to useful tools (a disassembler would be
> nice for starters), tutorials or anything else that could be useful? Have
> any of you ever tried doing this? Is there a better way to do this? Any
> comments?
>
> Thanks!

VTI does dissasembly quite nicely.  However, accomplishing what I think
you're talking about wouldn't be as simple as just placing a 'jp' where the
reset all memory routine is in memory since such memory is generally write
protected (read: ROM).  If you want to make it seem as if the memory has
been cleared when it really hasn't, your best bet would be to write an app
hook to handle it.
- - Joe

joe@joepnet.com