[A83] Monsters in smoothscroll game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Monsters in smoothscroll game

Hi,

I have a general in smooth scrolling games. Don't understand me wrong
becausemost guys here seems to have smoothscrollingphobia, I do not want to
ask about smooth scrolling because I understand that. Though I have problems
understanding a certain technique that is used in smoothscrolling games, and
that is the movement of the enemies, f.e. in SQRZ. I checked the code though
I do nto understand how they do it.
In such a game do you check whenever a new tilerow or column comes in if
there is a new enemy on that tile and then draw it? Or give it a coordinate
on screen? Or do the monster have a mapcoördinate,  that is updated every
loop. SO even mosnters ofscreen get coordinate updates, can someone who has
experience with this please help?

MaartenZwartbol - Maxcoderz Soft. - http://www.maxcoderz.com
have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders
of giants." - scientist Sir Isaac Newton, in a letter to his colleague
RobertHooke, February 1676.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM500901/156'