[A83] Re: speed question [O/T]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: speed question [O/T]

That is the effect.  I don't think the actual memory usage has anything to
do with the issue.  It is the number of items that is important.  Of course,
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that is how it worked.  The 82 line
always managed memory weirdly.  You could literally fill up memory to the
last byte.  When that happened, the cursor would change and you couldn't
type anymore.  Very strange.

> And I presume it also adds to the effect that as the number
> of VAT entries increases, memory allocation and
> rearrangement of all the items also gets slower.

Follow-Ups: References: