[A83] Re: other languages?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: other languages?

Thomas Mächler wrote:
> But i think this won't be a great advantage to TI-Basic...
> if you really want more efficient code there' s really no way than to
> code in assembly. of course nowadays there are a lot of tools, that can make
> assembly much easier. I recommend to you to download EZASM. I think it is
> much easier to understand than raw assembly code. it should be not a great
> problem
> for you to understand it, if you have still coded in BASIC for some time...

Ah, sorry if I was unclear.  I was not thinking in terms of efficiency,
per se.  I am referring more to the limits of the abilities ti-basic
gives the programmer.  For example, the string processing in ti-basic is
almost useless, lists are poor substitutes for arrays, etc.  There are
certain math-related and other tasks that I simply can't do in basic.
These are things that I could program on the computer, but would rather
have on the calculator because then I would have them when I need them.
In any case, thanks for the tip, I will look for this c-compiler you
mentioned.

Ryan

Follow-Ups: References: