[A83] Re: other languages?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: other languages?

> is there any way to write programs for the 83(+) in some
> language other than assembly?  (a compiler and libraries
> for C, or something?)  I know this is a long shot, but I
> really don't feel like learning assembly and I am sick of
> the limits of tibasic.  thanks for any assistance.

I' m still working on a advanced BASIC compiler for the TI83,
but I'm not sure if would ever finish it (it just supports expression
with floating point numbers and Uservars now). I think some months
ago someone has said that there is a c-compiler for Zilog CPU's (like
TI83+-)...
But i think this won't be a great advantage to TI-Basic...
if you really want more efficient code there' s really no way than to
code in assembly. of course nowadays there are a lot of tools, that can make
assembly much easier. I recommend to you to download EZASM. I think it is
much easier to understand than raw assembly code. it should be not a great
problem
for you to understand it, if you have still coded in BASIC for some time...

Follow-Ups: References: