[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: MirageOS remembering program location

Actually, the 86 usually doesn't lose your data when it crashes.  It has a
checksum for the RAM pages, and it only resets it if it doesn't match.  So
you can have a program crash, pull a battery, and have your stuff when it
comes back.  And, hopefully, nothing will be corrupted.

Also, most shells on the 86 use some unused bits in the VAT entry for a
program to determine which folder in a shell it resides in.