[A83] Re: simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

> Can somebody help me with my homework, it's about boolean logic and stuff
> and there is this question about simplyfying boolean functions

Ahh, a challenge...

(I've just got this stuff too...)

> The function which must be simplified is, for example, like this,
>         _ _ _      _ _
>   abc + a.b.c.de + a.b + d
               _ _
    abc + de + a.b + d
          _ _
    abc + a.b + de + d
    _ _
    a.b + abc + d(e + 1)
    _ _
    a.b + abc + d

Let's check it with a Karnough diagram....

...with me, it turns out fine...

Check it yourself...

> Easy ?? Wait a second !!!  There is one catch (well 2 actually:))
>                            1- You may not use a truthtable
>                            2- You may not use a Karnough diagram
Ehm, that's not exactly right,
it means:

You may not do it JUST by usinga Karnough diagram or truthtable,
but you must show the algebraic route...

No one's gonna complain if you used one of them to find the answer, and
then worked to the answer algebraically...

Like:

a + ab +ac +abc.
 it boils down to:

;-)