[A83] simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] simplifying boolean functions (non-programming)

Can somebody help me with my homework, it's about boolean logic and stuff
and there is this question about simplyfying boolean functions

The function which must be simplified is, for example, like this,
  abc + abcde + ab + d

Easy ?? Wait a second !!!  There is one catch (well 2 actually:))
                           1- You may not use a truthtable
                           2- You may not use a Karnough diagram

Thus you have to use rules like a+a=a and that sort of rules. It's all new
to me, and I'm having quite a bit of problems with it.
I'd be very very greatfull if somebody can explain this to me simply !!!