[A83] Re: Asm Studio 8x, error...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Asm Studio 8x, error...

That won't work, because the parameter portion is really part of the
instruction.  I know, it sucks, but there's not much you can do about it
with a table assembler.  You have to use the preprocessor to turn it into
the proper string:

#define _rPushRealO1 18h

 rst _rPushRealO1

The only way to make it work with the $18 syntax would be to add some
entries to the table file.

In Assembly Studio 8x (and TASM, I would guess), equates are not the same
thing as macros.  They are handled by the assembler, not the preprocessor.
By design, they cannot, unfortunately, help in this situation.

The only way I can see to handle this in the assembler would be to add a
rule for RST instructions, but that would be a dirty hack.