[A83] TI-Cares

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] TI-Cares

At 11:38 PM 6/25/2001 +0200, you wrote:

>Okay people,
>TI-Cares, Ti really Cares.... NOT
>
>I just might have more luck contacting some people inside....
>
>Can anyone who knows TI people inside, ask them for the source.
>(ONLY the rabsig.exe source!!!)
>
>Any ideas to port the program to linux WITHOUT the source???
>
>--Peter Martijn

I don't see why you expect a large corporation to release the source to
their encryption for applications.  Anyone in their right mind understands
that if TI gave you this source code, then all of the trouble they went to
to protect the applications is worthless.  With that code any company can
create their own keys, and TI is out $300.  People are scared to release
the source for non-profit calculator programs, so it follows that a for
profit source would certainly not be released.

Furthermore, I think that TI is one of the more personable corporations
when it comes to this.  They condone playing games on the calculators, link
to our sites, maintain discussion groups on assembly, often answer our
questions, and provide ample documentation and tools to work.  All of which
are at no cost.

In general (not just to whom i am replying), quit whining about
applications.  Everyone should be very happy that the educational key was
given out for free.  Don't whine about source code, or a rigid set of
standards.  Just make your applications the way you want to.  If someone
else doesn't like them, they don't have to download the program.

-harper

Follow-Ups: References: