Re: A83: Re: Re: Linux Z80 Assembler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Henk Poley wrote:

> > Sorry, but you're wrong, the right syntax is
> >
> > If foobar
> > Else
> > EndIf
>
> Uhm, If I'm right, than this is the way to do it with Z80ASM?
> So they don't have macro's (the part of remembering numbers for you), but
> they do have the "if/(else/)endif" part... (true/wrong flags)
> Right?
>
> > Also you can use either Define or the -D flag to set a symbol to true,
> > the only thing that was wrong with z80asm is that you can't for example
> > define BCALL, but I've just fixed that ;) ... by coding a harcoded macro
> > (prsident.c).
>
> Hey, we need that bcall()-stuff with the 83+ support for the z88dk, can we
> have it? (Dominic Morris and Stefano, the guys from z88dk, will thank you
> too)
>
> Have you also converted the include-files (?other platforms than 83+?) so
> they fit to this assembler? It uses this 'strange' DEFC command and not
> ".equ"... (But you already know that, off coarse...)
>
> Maybe nice to put in support for all Ti platforms and post it as "the"
> assembler for Ti's under Linux... It is nice if everybody uses more or less
> the same assembler (porting and such).
>
>         Henk Poley

Ok, I've uploaded three files on my site to do the trick:
http://xcalc.org/pub/bin8x.tar.gz
* Changed version of bin8x, supports ti-83 and ti-83+ files

http://xcalc.org/pub/includes.tar.gz
* Include files for ti-83 and ti-83+

http://xcalc.org/pub/patch.tar.gz
* Patch for z88dk to enable bcall support (in my case I use the mnemonic
'Invoke(foobar)')

I've included instructions in the files, if anything goes wrong, you can
always email me, but unfortunately, I can only read my mail on weekends.

You should also be able to find the patch at sourceforge...

Sorry for the unstructured form of this mail, just trying to solve any
possible problems, to compile type a thing like:
z80asm -b myfile (no .asm!)
bin8x myfile (less than 8 chars)
and for the 83+ just change the first line to
z80asm -plus -DPlus -b myfile

Finally, I've tested files compiled with ti83.h, they are identical to
those compiled with TASM, but I've haven't had any time to do so with
ti83p.h although it compiles without any warnings/errors. Also though
I haven't done a binary check, I compiled Sqrxz with it and it runs
smoothly.

--
Solignac Julien
x1cygnus@xcalc.org

- A hacker does for love what others wouldn't do for money