Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part III !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part III !!

woops didn't see the rest of the talk
4: Ok in asm, there are 2 types: chars and shorts
chars are the .db(1 byte in memory(8 bits, etc))
shorts are the .dw(2 bytes in memory(16 bits, etc))
reals are covered in the op1-op6 if i'm not mistaken
I have no idea why you would need a complex value in a program

5:to do lists:
define a list that is....5 bytes big(5 chars, 0-255)
do this:

list:
    .db 0,0,0,0,0

now to call lets say...the third you do this:
ld hl, list     ;load the location in memory of the list, yes if i wanted the
value
                ;i would go ld hl,(list) but I"m not doint that, I'm getting
the address
                ;of the list
add hl,2        ;move to the third spot in memory, yes i realise i only added
2
                ;because the inital spot includes some memory, thats why
lists in
                ;c and c++(well that i know of) all start at 0
ld a,(hl)           ;load the value from location hl to var a

that would get you the 3rd number from an array of 5

I don't know about anything of the other questions