Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part III !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part III !!

Getting your TASM to work:
Use this asm.bat file:

@echo off
echo ----- Assembling %1 for the TI-83 Plus...
echo #define TI83P >temp.z80
echo #define ION >>temp.z80
if exist %1.z80 type %1.z80 >>temp.z80
if exist %1.asm type %1.asm >>temp.z80
tasm -80 -i -b -l temp.z80 %1.bin
if errorlevel 1 goto ERRORS
devpac8x %1

echo ----- Assembling %1 for TI-83 ION...
echo #define TI83 >temp.z80
echo #define ION >>temp.z80
if exist %1.z80 type %1.z80 >>temp.z80
if exist %1.asm type %1.asm >>temp.z80
tasm -80 -i -b -l temp.z80 %1.bin
if errorlevel 1 goto ERRORS
devpac83 %1

echo ----- Success!
echo TI-83 ION version is %1.83p
echo TI-83 Plus version is %1.8xp
goto DONE
:ERRORS
echo ----- There were errors.
:DONE
del temp.z80 > nul
del %1.bin > nul
del %1s.bin > nul

[END OF ASM.BAT (don't copy this line!)]

You might need an updated TASM, http://sgc.emu2k.com/dwedit/ti/tasm301.zip

If you want to make games using my include file, get Dwedit.inc at
http://sgc.emu2k.com/dwedit/ti/dwedit.inc

It automates porting between 82,83,83+, includes almost all romcalls, and
makes the header simpler,
just use 'tTitle: .db "Description"' for the title, and use lblStart: as the
first label.

>From: Gabriel Hughes <ghughes@clipper.jbhs.wi.k12.md.us>
>To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: A83: Calling All Great Programers Part III !!
>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:39:33 -0500 (EST)
>

>Yes I'm back again with another set of goals.  So I'll be quick and to the
>point:
>
>1) This one is directed at those of you who have created Apps.  Do you
>actually have to go and pay TI to sign your Apps for you or can I use the
>magic words and one of you would kindly either compile it for me or lead
>me straight to your magic App producing program.

You have to pay TI.

>2) Is there any simple translation between TI-83(+) Basic and TI-83+
>ASM?  I'v got a few programs that are slow and annoying(such as the 3-D
>grapher Ti gives you with it's graphlink software.  The things so slow
>you'd think it's moving backwards.  Whoever programmed it great for you
>that you came up with the Idea and the original code but that sucker has
>got to be sped up!!) that I would like to apply the speed advantages of
>ASM to.

I have no idea how to use TI basic code in an ASM program, maybe someone
else on this list will reply to this.

>3) How do you do simple math operations ASM? (Laugh as hard as you want
>but you asked these questions when you first started).  I'm not being lazy
>or anything It's jus that everyone tells me look at this source code or
>try that tutorial but there's one minor problem with the majority of
>them...  I'M A + USER AND PROUD OF IT!! AND CURSE TI FOR DOING SUCH EVIL
>THINGS AS SAYING THE TWO CALCS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT THAT ONE WAS
>ELECTRONICALLY UPGRADABLE AND THE OTHER WASN'T!!!!!!  Now I know you want
>to say that learning 83 ASM will help my 83+ ASM but my problem is that I
>get confused and start using call( instead of bcall( or get frustrated
>knowing that the code in front of me isn't right.  So anyone out there who
>learned 83+ ASM, how did you do it what exactly did you use and most
>importantly tell me what you used to compile your programs because TASM is
>not working for me maybe you can help me figure out what I'm doing
>wrong.(And I will be forced to beat any one of you who says I'm lazy with
>my personal rubber duck because I've been trying since at least
>NOV.!!)  And back to the original point I haven't found it in the
>tutorials I've looked at.

I don't have a TI83+ but I don't use any floating point math anyway.
The add, sub (reg a only), sbc opcodes do lots of stuff, and using boolean
operators helps a lot!
TI was nice and provided Integer math in the rom, just make bcalls to:
_divhlbya - Divides register hl by a
_divhlby10 - Divides register hl by 10
_htimesl - hl = h*l

>4) How do I define the diferent types of variables such as real, complex,
>lists,exc.?

Not necessary unless you're interfacing with TI-BASIC.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/128/12883.html

>7) Could someone show me, as in type it in an e-mail to me, the format for
>typing the Hex of and ASM program by hand.(Do you type it all on one line
>or is it separated? etc.)

Lots of code on one line, [line break]End[line break]0000[line break]End