[A83] Re: CAS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: CAS

On the 89, ans in actually an array of all the answers stored on the screen
(you pick 10-100 in the mode menu) Usually, however, you can just paste it
in by hitting enter on one of the answers up top.  It seems more precise
this way, even though the simplified answer is stored, and an approximation
is nly computed on demand.  If you could have something that just did that,
only simplifying, not solving, until you did something like diamond+enter
(yeah, maybe second or alpha:) so that you could do systems or equations
more easily it would be great.

As for unit conversions, the 89 allows you to use units in your equations
and convert them when you wish.  I've gone through several levels of an
equation, just having units sticking out in a bunch of places, unti lI had
it solve for the unit I was after, and iit came out, expediantly as
always.  But you're right, the 89 interface is very different from the
previous calculators.