[A83] Re: font hook help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: font hook help

( I was wandering around in the archives and found this one unanswered )

Anyway, it might be possible, although I don't know for sure, that the
address to which the stack pointer must point, doesn't depend on the
OS-version, so if you just load that address into SP things might just work
out fine.

--- Tijl Coosemans

To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org

I am attempting to write a font hook that will stop the display of
certain things during normal calculator operation. (Don’t ask why
J ) First I am checking if the conditions are right to perform a
block of the display. Then in order to block the display I am poping
a certain number of bytes off the stack so that when I ret the calc
continues doing whatever it was doing without displaying anything.
(I also can’t just display spaces or blanks because that will clear
a certain portion of the screen and that won’t work right with my
program)

fonthook:
	db	83h
	;check if conditions are correct
	jr	z,allowfordisp

	;popvalues and ret

allowfordisp:
	cp	a
	ret

My problem with this method is that it is very OS version specific.
(Because the number of pops to perform depends on the OS version)
I was wondering if there was a way to b_jump to something that would
restore the calculator state like it should be after the display
and continue normal calculator operation. (Something like jforcecmdnochar
only not) Anyone know what I could b_jump to?

That was just my idea… If anyone has any other ideas I would be very
happy to hear them. Thanks!

-Andy Hochhaus

Download MSN Explorer gratis van http://explorer.msn.nl/intl.asp